Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Baking With Beans

  


Last year I accepted the challenge and baked these bean cakes.  Then I filed it away in the recesses of my memory somewhere and never tried it again. 

  Vanilla Bean Cake

2 1/2 cups cooked white beans (very well cooked or canned...must be soft!)
6 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3-1/2 cup honey

Puree well in food processor or use immersion blender.

Add:
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder

Puree again.

Bake at 325-350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Very moist and dense cake, but its very filling.

So recently I was looking through the cupboards trying to decide what to make for supper, and thought it's been awhile since the last pot of chili.  Then I thought about the beans

No comments:

Post a Comment