This is one of those recipes that gets passed around facebook. I thought I'd give it a try.
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup crabapple sauce
• 1 banana, mashed
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
• 1/8 cup chia seeds (optional)
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• Optional toppings: blueberries, raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, pomegranate seeds.
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and sugar together in a bowl.
• Add in oats, chia seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
• Finally pour in milk and combine.
• Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
• Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin cups. I used a 1/4 measuring cup, measure just a tad under 1/4 cup to make 12 servings.
• Add the toppings.
**BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES
I made a few changes, (crabapple sauce instead of applesauce, for example), doubled the recipe, and divided it into 36 muffin cups. I think any jam or marmalade would work fine instead of applesauce, and I'll be trying it again with blueberry and raspberry sauce. Mine was a bit watery though, so I'll add a bit more oatmeal until it's a thicker consistency.